I second that.  Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X is an awesome resource
for getting started, and remains a staple on my bookshelf.  Scott
Stevenson has a book coming out soon
(http://theocacao.com/document.page/607); being a fan of his online
writings I preordered it and got Rough Cuts access through OReilly's
safari network, and I gotta say its an excellent tutorial as well as a
good reference, and its not even finished yet.

And of course, Apple's primers are (typically) helpful and often
referenced themselves from within almost every Cocoa book you'll find.
 Some of them are either too simplistic to remain useful beyond a
read, or so complicated as to be difficult to understand on the first
(or tenth) pass.

-nick

--
Nick Peelman