On Apr 2, 2010, at 22:17, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> So you're telling me that all of the keys in a key path must be
> KVO-compliant.  I hadn't thought so, because in the key path
> "fooArrayController.selection", the fooArrayController is hard-wired to an
> IBOutlet and never changes.  But now I see a possible explanation is that the
> Cocoa Bindings Wizard created its observer before the fooArrayController got
> wired to its outlet.

No, KVO compliance isn't required for a bound-to key that never changes.

The issue I had in mind is that that the "fooArrayController" key *does* change
-- when the nib is loaded to changes from nil to its correct value. Thus,
anything that tries to observe it before nib loading is going to be observing a
nil object and will never know any different. Things that observe it after the
outlet is set during nib loading will be fine.

However, I think this is a false trail. Kyle had the correct answer.