On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:38:48 -0500, Andy O'Meara said:

>A have a couple vanilla NS object ptrs (e.g. NSWindow*) that I have to
>pass through some cross-plaform C++ code until it ends up in a .mm file
>where where the NS object is accessed.  The problem is that in the .cpp
>code, there's no obvious way to declare a NSWindow ptr so that thinks
>will link without complaint.

You could maybe use this trick:

<http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2009/Dec/msg01466.html>

basically:

"The header <objc/objc.h> is a C-language header implementing the
runtime. It defines some standard types used by Objective-C, including
id. So if you include this, your headers can use the "id" data type even
if they're included from plain C++ or C files."