Hi Folks,

I'm trying to implement single-clicking for multiple words/phrases within an NSTableView / NSTextFieldCell, which seems surprisingly tricky. I've tried using NSAttributedString (in the hope I can use a special NSURLProtocol to intercept the hyperlink), but it takes four clicks to get there (row select, cell select, edit, and link-click). I've tried numerous tricks but to no avail.

I can over-ride hitTestForEvent (see the "Hyperlinks in Table Views" thread) so the other alternative would be some way of getting characterIndexForPoint for the NSTextFieldCell, but that doesn't seem to exist. I'm hoping I don't need to do something wacky with an off- screen view.

How can I get the NSTextFieldCell to react with just one click? Or is there a way to get characterIndexForPoint for the NSTextFieldCell?

Tony Pollard