On Apr 8, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

2. Even if it compiles, how can it run in Snow Leopard when there is no initWithObject: selector for NSArray (or at least according to the NSArray
docmentation there isn't one)?

Have you checked your console output? Or there might be a private
-initWithObject: method and you happened to get lucky.

Yes I did check console and that is how I finally solved the problem. On Leopard and Tiger it would correctly (IMHO) report something like

     [NSPlaceHolderArray initWithObject:] selector not recognized

and would then crash.

In Snow Leopard, however, there was no message and it worked fine as if Snow Leopard read my mind and realized I wanted to create an array with a single object. But, I am nervous about relying on the OS to read my mind (or even have an idea of how it did that)?

John Nairn (1-541-737-4265, FAX:1-541-737-3385)
Professor and Richardson Chair
Web Page: http://www.cof.orst.edu/cof/wse/faculty/Nairn/
FEA/MPM Web Page: http://oregonstate.edu/~nairnj