This a Hail Mary pass...

I have a bizarre bug.  Perhaps someone has a hunch about what's going on.

My application prefs file, which is managed with NSUserDefaults, is getting
reset to default values, but so far only on a PPC running 10.5.8 and only
during the wee hours of Monday mornings. (Go figure)

The story is this:

My app runs scheduled tasks, such as checking for damaged files and
reporting the results.  (Note: That particular task will also run plutil on
plist files to check their format validity.)  QA created a number of tasks
that run nightly.  These all work just fine except on Mondays on PPC running
10.5.8.

The tasks execute at their appointed times, all is well, then suddenly a
task attempts to execute and discovers that the application preferences have
been reset to default values.  It can't find config data it expected to
find, so it bails.

The failure always occurs on the next execution after the task that performs
file validity checks.  That task does not remove or modify damaged files.
It simply creates a report of what it finds.  That task always completes
successfully.

The scheduled task jobs are lengthy to perform. QA was able to reproduce the
bug by manipulating the date/time.  Interestingly enough, this morning's
test executed without reproducing the bug.

(sigh).

Eric