Quincey,

thanks a lot

> Surely it would be more robust to make the order explicit in your data model
> (with a transient property if the order really is transient) and let the
> array controller keep the displayed content sorted according to that order?

Sure, I could do that. In fact I have done it: This order is not a property of
the inserted object, but of one liked therewith. But tell me, would
drag-and-drop work by just rearranging an object ID?

Besides, the proxy solution has one advantage: since the object in the
NSArrayController reacts to actions performed on buttons linked to it, I think
it is better to have code in the proxy object rather than on the NSManaged one,
that gets overwritten every time I alter it, even slightly. What do you think?

Thanks again,
Vincent