On Friday, April 16, 2010 at 2:40 PM Norbert M. Doerner wrote:

NSView *rootView;
NSArray *mySubViews
rootView = [theWindow contentView];
mySubViews = [rootView subviews];

Thanks, it looks like I've found it. The only question is why Cocoa has no Z-order term? I've read in the doc that it is implicitly defined by the sequence of objects within the [rootView subviews], but it is not the Z-order itself, but the order in which objects are stored in the NIB file. I've tried it and it is working OK for my particular case.

Best regards,
Alexander