Hi, All,

Am trying to debug an app, which crashes in 10.4 when I build it with 10.5 SDK and 10.4 deployment target, but works OK when is built with 10.4 SDK and 10.4 deployment target. All builds are performed in 10.5

I'm getting these lines in crash log:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libSystem.B.dylib           0x9010c812 _malloc_initialize + 992
1   libSystem.B.dylib           0x90002417 malloc + 29
2   com.apple.Foundation        0x927dffbf _NSAPDataCreate + 26
3   com.apple.Foundation        0x927df93d NSPushAutoreleasePool + 37
4   com.apple.AppKit            0x93274621 NSApplicationMain + 62

AFAIU, the problem is in autoreleasing of already released object or something like that.

Then I'm running the same app in 10.5, where it is working OK, and look at the console log. I see this line:

*** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x209fa0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

OK, then I'm launching the app with leaks tool and look what is this "0x209fa0". And what I see is this:

# Object Address Category Creation Time Size Responsible Library Responsible Caller 0 0x209fa0 CFString 00:00.235 32 Foundation -[NSPlaceholderString initWithFormat:locale:arguments:]

I can't find where it is used. What is strange, this is the first message in the log, appearing even before main(), because I've inserted debug print in main() and I see it later in the log.

My OS is 10.5.8

Any ideas, please!