On Apr 18, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Hao Lü wrote:

> I am doing some analyzing work on a WebView (going through the DOM, checking
> links and texts). Since, sometimes this blocks the GUI, I am experimenting
> using NSOperation/NSInvocationOperation. What confuses me is that, my
> operation stops (not sure if it sleeps or is terminated) upon accessing the
> DOMDocument. There is no message shown in the console.
>
> Any clues?

WebKit is not thread-safe, and a lot of WebKit classes will even throw
exceptions if you try creating or accessing them in background threads. So what
you observed doesn't surprise me too much...

Of course, if you really want to know what's going on, then you can try
downloading the WebKit source from <http://webkit.org/> and building your
application against an open-source build of WebKit rather than the system's
build.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>