Here's my write-up on using GCD with C++ for inter-thread communication:

http://wagerlabs.com/grand-central-dispatch-c-and-inter-thread-com

I wrote a user land USB driver, put in a framework and made the framework start
the driver thread upon initialization. I then proceeded to use Grand Central
Dispatch to have the driver run read, write, etc.

I'm using CFRunLoop but I don't think that's an absolute necessity.

Please let me know what you think!

        Thanks, Joel

---
http://es.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont