Thanks Ken, that works. I also found out that removing the Applications folder
from the Dock and then moving it back does the trick. I've never heard of
QuickLook before, I'll have to look into it.

Scott.

Oh, and for what it's worth I found that creating a link to the Applications
folder and then putting the link in the dock makes it behave like 10.4 and gets
rid of the whole problem.

S.