One of my testers (and, naturally, none of the test systems I can get my hands
on) reports this Console error when performing a certain operation:

 -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class
(NSDictionaryController)

I think I sorta know what some of it means, but I'm not sure about it all.

I think it means NSKeyedUnarchiver had trouble. I think NSKeyedUnarchiver is
probably involved in instantiating my nib. The nib involved in the failing
operation does, indeed, have an NSDictionaryController. I guess that the fact
that the message mentions that (relatively unusual) class means
NSKeyedUnarchiver found the nib, and made at least a bit of sense of it all.

But, does this mean "I found your NSDictionaryController, but something's wrong
with it and I can't decode it"? That is, something busted inside my NSDC?

Or, does it mean "I know I'm supposed to be looking for an NSDC, but dang if I
can find the bugger"? That is, is there a platform version consideration here?
The tester with the troubles runs Tiger; I build on Snow Leopard using SDK
10.4u and deployment target 10.4. I haven't heard from any other Tiger testers,
troubled or not, so perhaps this is an SL->Tiger versionitis issue? But
not-so-very-long-ago builds, from this same configuration, work for this
tester, so that seems ruled out. Is Tiger simply not expected to grok Snow
Leopard NSDCs?

-==-
Jack Repenning
jackrepenn...@tigris.org