On 27/04/2010, at 11:49 PM, Michael Dippery wrote:

Don't why it's not working for you. My LSUIElement app similarly has no menu bar or dock icon, but it's various ancillory windows (About plain vanilla version, Preferences) respond to key board short cuts which are set in the main menu nib. I have done no special hacks to achieve this, it Just Works™.

Does your app have a MainMenu nib file?

Perhaps this is why it isn't working: I do have a MainMenu nib, but I have long since deleted the MainMenu object in MainMenu.nib. I tried to add a new menu with a Close option that responds to the appropriate keyboard shortcut, but I'm not sure how make that the "main" menu. Maybe that's the issue?

I think all you would have to do, if you have a nib named MainMenu.nib in your project, is to create a menu in it and give it whatever titles with shortcuts you want. That menu will never be seen (because your app is LSUIElement == 1) but the short cuts will still work -- when your app has focus or is frontmost.

Ron