Hello, all.

I need to place a CAanimation in of subview when mouse enters a Tracking area,
the problems I had were:

-I set up the view to [self setWantsLayer:YES];
-added the layer that will perform the animation;
when I entered the mouse all was perfect I see the animation.

BUT the view controller of the super view that holds that particular view in
fact its controls 2 view controllers witch their respective views, the one
mentioned above and another one.
So when I swap the view controllers and change the view, and I try to go back I
get an   “EXC_BAD_ACCESS , because the layer that will perform the animation
couldn't get again its frame, I tought it was becuase I wasn't retaining the
view before swapping for the other one, but no, I was retaining, removing from
superview adding the other view controller as the current controller and adding
its view to the main controller's view.

So i decided to change the tactic, and instead of telling this particular
custom view just [self setWantsLayer:YES]; I did the follwing:

        CALayer * layer = [[CALayer new] autorelease];
        [self setLayer:layer];
//      [self setWantsLayer:YES];
        NSImage * imge = [NSImage imageNamed:@"infoOffState.png"];
        quickEdit = [CALayer layer];
        quickEdit.contents = imge;
        quickEdit.opacity = 0.0;
        [[self layer] addSublayer:quickEdit];

notices the comment on line 3, If I comment line,  the drawRect of the view its
called, but I don't see any animation when the mouse enter the specific
tracking area, but if I  don't comment it, the drawRect its never called, but I
see the animation being displayed when mouseEnter .

what am I doing wrong?

do I have it all messed up?
:S

thanks