Hello,

How can I find out if my first view is up and running? When viewDidAppear is
called on my fist UIViewController I'm still looking only at the Default.png.

What I do first in my app is:
1. wait for viewDidAppear to be called
2. show some wait-indicator
3. load some data from the net
4. hide the wait-indicator
5. display the loaded data

The problem is, that the Default.png doesn't go away until the data is fully
loaded, so the user only sees a passive screen for some time and doesn't know
what's going on.
Where can I start the wait indicator and download process so that the user
actually sees it?
I use some NavigationControllers within a TabBarController, could that be the
problem?

thanks and regards,