On May 18, 2010, at 4:44 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

1. Setting the frame on a layer that doesn't have a view yet doesn't do anything useful. This happens because the 'bind:...' invocation is going to cause the setter to be invoked initially, and in your non-working case, the view's layer hasn't been set yet.

Oops, I made an error. There was a dependency between the view and the layer initialization. Only took me about 1.5 days to find it. It is amazing how sometimes you can be blind to your own code. Without help from this forum I may have never found the mistake. I think my debugging skills have improved and so I want to say thanks for the help.

--Richard