That's not it then, in Snow Leopard there was a change so that message was only
emitted at the end of the dealloc() method instead of at the start which
allowed you to deregister your observers in dealloc() and not get this error.
In Leopard and in (I think still in) iPhone OS you get the message at the start
of dealloc whether you are just about to deregister your observers or not.