On May 26, 2010, at 3:18 PM, Corbin Dunn wrote:
>> I'm hoping I'm just being blind again and the there a solution for this
>> problem? Do I need to supply my own customized field editor via
>> -windowWillReturnFieldEditor:toObject:?
>
> You'll probably have to do that.

Only it doesn't seem to work either, presumably because the field editor's
background drawing properties are reset when it's prepared for the cell.

That made me sub-class a NSTextFieldCell and overwrite
-setUpFieldEditorAttributes: with slightly better results. I still can't get a
transparent field editor. It seems to ignore -setDrawsBackground:NO. When
setting the background color to [NSColor clearColor] (or something with alpha
!= 1.0) it's black again or a blended color with black. But at least it allows
me to set the background color to something more sensible so I can keep my
transparent table.

Regards
Markus