Adding to what others have said.

1. Determine a list of applications that can work with the file type.  Use
Launch Services (LSGetApplicationURLs for URLs).
2. In the your open panel delegate, implement: shouldEnableURL and return YES
if the application is on the list
3.  You may also have an application that is not listed in the directory that
is currently showing, therefore, you should consider enabling all the
directories as well so the user can navigate to the app under the correct
directory.

-Tony

On May 26, 2010, at 7:55 PM, appleBoy chen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to show the Panel like Finder's "Choose Application" to let user
> slect one application to open with  the file.
> Follow is my code:
>
> NSOpenPanel *openPanel = [NSOpenPanel openPanel];
> [openPanel setCanChooseDirectories:NO];
> [openPanel setCanChooseFiles:YES];
> [openPanel setAllowsMultipleSelection:NO];
> if([openPanel runModalForTypes:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"app",nil]] ==
> NSOKButton)
> {
> }
>
> And, I want to only show the supported application for the associated file.
> Like Finder's "Choose Application" Panel, it can set Eanble to "Recommended
> Applications" to filter the applications.  the NSOpenPanel can support it?
> or i must usr another solution. thanks for any reply.
>
> best regards
> Kakaxi
>
> This email sent to tony...@hotmail.com

-Tony