On 2010 May 28, at 02:58, Nava Carmon wrote:

> When I enter same link in Safari it takes a second to bring data.

I understand that you're saying it "works OK at the same time from the same IP
address from Safari", meaning that you have ruled out being throttled by this
"certain server", or your ISP.  OK, because these would be the first two
suspects on my list.

> And after another trial I can access the link.

I'm assuming you mean exactly the same URL.  Some servers give better service
to web browsers than to apps requesting via their API.

> What might be the reason for such a weird behavior?  How can I improve it?

You're going to have to discover a pattern.  For another data point with these
types of problems, you'll usually want to open a Terminal window and send your
request using the unix command curl(1).

> What is the role of cache policy with NSURLConnection?

Long answer:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/conceptual/URLLoadingSystem/Concepts/CachePolicies.html

For consistency in testing, you'll probably want to use
NSURLRequestReloadIgnoringCacheData.

Let us know if you find anything interesting.  Actually, a better list for this
question would be macnetworkp...@lists.apple.com.