It's not clear, waht you mean. A formatter is a formatter, that does not contain values on itself. Or do you mean with "value" the format to use?

-- Reinhard

Am 31.05.2010 um 01:45 schrieb Rainer Standke:

Hello,

I have a custom formatter that needs to to look up a default value based on the current document. The textfield the formatter sits on is part of a collection view. In the nib the formatter has a connection (via IBOutlet) to the object that holds the value that is to be looked up. The problem is that the formatter instances that belong to the collection view instances don't connect to anything.

How can I get around this? I guess a solution could be either be in the formatter, where I have no idea what to do with it, or with the the message flow from the collectionviewitem to the document.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rainer

This email sent to macmeid...@googlemail.com