I have an application that needs to display a message when it quits. Its not a LSUIElement or LSBackgroundOnly, just a faceless app that displays a message and plays a sound at computer restart/shutdown. The sound plays every time, but I don't always see the dialog, maybe 1 in 5 times. My question at this point is not about the dialog not displaying, not yet anyway, but how to tell my app to quit without actually restarting or shutting down the computer. Years ago under Classic, I would write an Applescript to do this, but it seems that you don't get even basic Applescript support for free anymore, so I have to add it. More trouble than its worth. So my question to the list is: How do I tell my faceless app to quit or how can I mimic a restart/shutdown? I can send various quit signals using Activity Monitor, but those don't seem to allow for a proper shutdown sequence.

In the meantime, I'll probably just give my app a face just for testing, and go from there, but I'd like to find out if there's a better way of doing this.
Thx