Ok this is bizarre and it's been happening in several apps of mine and I don't
understand it.
I'm getting scrambled variable data. For instance I pass a float 'float' with a
value of 1.0 and the receiver gets some weird number like 345783653.0.

Most recently what is happening has me completely perplexed.
I load a pdf file.
I render the first page.
I then render the second page.
Now if I attempt to get the first page again the app crashes.

So I logged the PDFPageRef and its not what it should be, what I get back is a
CALayer. I have no clue how this could be happening but the page is lost. Even
if I try again to get the page from the document its a CALayer and if I attempt
to log the document then the app crashes with nothing but EXC_BAD_ACCESS