Ok I have a core data .xcdatamodel created, and I've trimmed it down to include:

Entity: MyType

has attributes: name (string), description (string) - both have default values,
both not-optional.

I have set up an NSTableView with + and - buttons to add or remove MyType to an
NSArrayController I call "array controller".  The table view is set up to
display "name".  This works, I can add and remove names all day long, edit
their values, etc.  My bindings all appear to be good there. (I'm binding
Content and I'm binding Value)

I have also bound "selectionIndexes" from the tableview to the array
controller's 'selectionIndexes'.

I have created a NSTextField.  In the text field, I can set it's value to
"array controller - selection.name" .. if I do this, the text field shows the
same data as the name row that I click on in my NSTableView.  If I edit it in
either place, it updates.

Now - this is where my issue starts - if I instead bind my NSTextField to
"array controller - selection.description", my program crashes with EXC BAD
ACCESS!  I have edited the store file, and confirmed that yes I do have
attribute entries for "name" and "description" both.

My bindings of selectionIndexes and selection are intended to say: when you
click the name of this MyType, really I am selecting the index of the MyType
entity in the array controller (since the array controller is set up to manage
entities of type MyType..)  So, when I then go to array controller and bind to
"selection.description" I see no reason why it wouldn't return back the right
data.

    <object type="MYTYPE" id="z130">
        <attribute name="name" type="string">4</attribute>        <attribute
name="description" type="string">Default MyType Description</a
ttribute>
    </object>

Any help is appreciated as I've fooled with this for quite a while now.  I'm
also very unclear as to how to constructively debug this sort of thing, I don't
know the tools well but it all seems very "behind the scenes"... so tips as to
how to debug it better