This question is a FAQ, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

It has been well said by mmalc that "Observing a collection is not the same
as observing the properties of the objects in a collection." Specifically,
in that oh-so-common configuration, an NSMutableArray of MSMutableDictionary
objects, if every dictionary has a key @"name", I might like to get notified
thru KVO if a @"name" is changed. But there's no simple way to do that. I
could register as an observe of @"name" for every one of those dictionaries,
but this is hard to maintain as dictionaries are added to and removed from
the array (though, as mmalc shows, it can be done).

My question is, does anyone have a *simple* approach to this common problem?
(Assume I'm on iPhone OS where NSArrayController is absent.) What advice
should one give a newbie on this topic? Just curious - thx - m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!