Thanks, applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed works.
Now I'd like to prompt user if he really wants to quit, if not, return NO, that
seems working as well.
--- 2010年6月18日 星期五,Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com> 寫道﹕

寄件人: Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com>
主題: Re: terminates app when main window closes
收件人: "Angelo Chen" <angelochen...@yahoo.com.hk>
副本(CC): cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
日期: 2010年6月18日,星期五,下午3:02

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Angelo Chen
<angelochen...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> I have a non document based application, I quit the app by sending terminate
> to NSApplication(file owner). if I close the main window, application will
> not be closed, what I'd like is, when user close the main window, application
> also terminates, possible? Thanks,

Non-document-based apps typically don't do this.

That said, look at -applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed:
in the NSApplicationDelegate protocol.

--Kyle Sluder