Hello,

I have started playing with core data and I am having trouble to get the
attributed string from an NSTextView into my program.

In the project, the .xcdatamodel contains an Entity called 'signatures' which
has a property named 'sigText'. I have set the type of sigText to Binary Data.

In my .xib file, I have a NSScrollview containing an NSTextView. I have binded
the NSTextView data to an object controller. The controller key is: selection;
the model key path is 'sigText' and the value transformer is
NSUnarchiveFromData.

The application correctly saves and displays my data when I save/open documents.

The trouble I have is to access the attributed string within my code to later
draw in a custom view. I am trying something like this:

NSManagedObjectContext *context  = [self managedObjectContext];
NSManagedObjectModel   *model    = [self managedObjectModel];
NSDictionary           *entities = [model entitiesByName];
NSEntityDescription    *entity   = [entities valueForKey:@"signatures"];

NSFetchRequest * fetch = [[NSFetchRequest alloc] init];
[fetch setEntity: entity];

NSArray *results = [context executeFetchRequest:fetch error:nil];

myData = [[results objectAtIndex:0] valueForKey:@"sigText"];

NSAttributedString *signatureView = (NSAttributedString *)[NSUnarchiver
unarchiveObjectWithData:myData];

[mypreview lockFocus];
[signatureView drawAtPoint:myPoint];
[mypreview unlockFocus];

Obviously something is wrong since the text is not drawn and the console
outputs:

-[NSConcreteMutableData drawAtPoint:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
0x114a3afb0

Any help with this would be very welcome!

Regards,