A legitimate distribution channel with a max of 100 users per year? That's a
pretty limited market. Ad hoc exists or beta testing, app reviewer copies
(along with promo codes), and other such things. Apple had taken steps in the
past to limit the utility of Ad Hoc as a distribution mechanism that
circumvents the App Store, for obvious reasons.

- Bryan

Sent from my iPhone