Hello,

I'm trying to receive a notification when a file is opened basically like the main Recent Items menu. I'd like to poll a directory and monitor file operations for certain file types. Specifically open / close operations ... just looking for suggestions, I've dabbled with Uli UKKQueue but don't seem to receive open / close notifications. Was wondering is there a way to register for the finders notifications? possibly something new in 10.6?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.