Hi all,

I'm having difficulties with the undo/redo mechanism and my Core Data objects.
The problem is that I create a CoreData object (say a rectangle), then set some
of its attributes according to some controls values (the position and size of a
CALayer the user has just created in a view). This set of actions is a single
one from the user's point of view. I know I can make it appear so with
NSUndoManager:beginUndoGrouping/endUndoGrouping. But when I undo this in the
app, each of the steps of the object's creation are undone seperately,
including the setting of each of the attributes.

This wouldn't be much of a problem in itself but it does make much more complex
the observing of the object's attributes, which I require to maintain the
consistency of the relationship between the CoreData rectangle and the CALayer
representing it.

Bottom line : is there a way to make it so that the CoreData object's
instantiation and its setup are registered as a single action in the undo/redo
stack ? So that instead of having

- new rect with rect.x = 0
- rect.x change from 0 to 100

I can have