It should be possible using the dynamic store of the System
Configuration framework.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Networking/Conceptual/SystemConfigFrameworks/SC_Components/SC_Components.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001065-CH207-CHDDDCHG

The documentation says that this store contains a snapshot of the
current configured networking preferences, and it's constantly being
updated by various "Configuration Agents" as conditions change
(location, for example).

The documentation also outlines the system configuration schema which
is the complex data structure that contains all networking settings,
among other things. My problem is that the schema is so complex, I
can't figure out how to use it properly to change the DNS settings.

As far as my intent goes, it's nothing malicious. I would simply like
to make my app always query the same set of DNS servers for
speed/security reasons. This shouldn't be a shocker to anyone who has
ever worked on high security applications.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

--