Dave,

I believe what you're seeing is the intended behavior.

There are cases where developers have not wanted the URL to change when an item
in the pop-up menu is selected. Instead of doing this automatically and forcing
developers to prevent or undo this behavior, NSPathControl instead expects you
to set URL yourself in the action method if you want this behavior.