On Jul 13, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Ross Carter wrote:

> Could you post a test file somewhere? I just tried creating 187 pages of
> repeating ACCGACTACCGACT in TextEdit and it worked fine.

Thanks for your interest!  I've put an example at
http://www.duke.edu/~dls36/nstextview_problem/

Remember, you have to start typing somewhere in the sequence itself to see the
problem that I get with TextEdit (OSX 10.6.4).

If you don't see the unresponsiveness that I see, I'd be *very* interesting in
exploring why...

Dave

--
David L. Swofford             david.swoff...@duke.edu

Center for Evolutionary Genomics
Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy
Box 90338
Duke University
Durham, NC 27708 USA

National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent)
Suite A200
2024 W. Main Street
Durham, NC 27705 USA

(919)613-7458 (Duke)