Hi,

I'm using quite a few animations in my app's UI, using the Core
Animation, and all of the animations work wonderfully smooth and
quick.

However, when I need to animate the frame of the window (namely,
change its size), it feels so sluggish and jagged.

I guess this is because, unlike the views inside the window, the
window itself is not using Core Animation under the hood, but some
"usual" Quartz drawing.

So the question is, is there a way to make the NSWindow also use Core
Animation when animating the change of its size or position?

So far I have tried NSViewAnimation, [NSWindow animator] proxy and
even explicitly added CAAnimations to the proxy, but it all seems to
result in the same sluggish animation.

Thanks,

Oleg.