Hello,

I have replaced a bunch of NSImageViews with IKImageViews in my app. These
image views are presented inside an NSCollectionView. Both the NSImageViews and
the IKImageViews had shadows turned on in IB. The NSImageViews' shadows showed
up fine, but the IKImageViews' shadows are nowhere to be seen.

After banging on them for a while I have come to the conclusion that
IKImageViews don't support CA effects when they are used in NSCollectionViews.
Interestingly, shadows in IKImageBrowserViews seem to be governed by the
Browser and not the ImageView.

Since IB seems to have a tendency to crash around IKImageViews I built a new
nib file to rule out corruption in the existing nib file, but had no luck with
shadows on IKImageViews.

I have tried to apply transparency in IB on an IKImageView, but this gets
ignored.

I checked programmatically (in (NSCollectionViewItem
*)newItemForRepresentedObject:(id)object on NSCollectionView) that the
IKImageViews have CA layers and shadows. All that's missing is the actual
display...

So I have come to the conclusion that this is a bug, either on IKImageView, or
in the documentation, for failure to indicate that IKImageView doesn't do
effects.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,