Hi,
   I am trying to draw to a custom UITableViewCell. The UITableViewCell has
a UIView and I do some custom drawing in it's drawRect. However, in some
cases while doing the drawing I run into an exception. I catch the exception
and at this point, want to clear all existing drawing in the view and start
again. My approach so far has been

backgroundColor = [UIColor clearColor];
//Custom draw code in try block

//If exception
backgroundColor = [UIColor whiteColor];
CGContextFillRect(context, rect); //context is current graphics context and
rect is bounds of the UIView
//Different draw code below

While this works, it messes up selecting the cell. On selecting the cell,
the view remains white, with it's surrounding blue. In cells without the
exception, selecting it renders the whole cell blue (which is what I would
like).

Is there anyway to discard all drawing in the cell without resorting to
filling it with white or some other color?

Thanks
George