That depends on what you mean when you say "animation." NSTimer works
fine for triggering screen updates. But if your animation is
physics-based - a 3d "shooter" game, for instance - you'll want
something like the aforementioned mach_absolute_time to keep the
animation smooth.

sherm--

--
Cocoa programming in Perl: