I am working on a drag & drop feature where my application is the drag
destination. I want to be able to receive various types of images via
file handle, URL, data, etc.

My custom view knows how to properly display and position the images
for my specific app, better than the built-in default Mac behavior.
Because of this, I would like to suppress the default drag-and-drop
cursor image because it is a little confusing to see both
representations at the same time.

Is this possible to do?
(I saw an old post from a couple of years ago in the archives that
asked the same question but never got a response.)

Thanks,
Eric