Right - honestly its just a few people here and there who ask for it for
business reasons. If there was an easy way - such as NSUserDefault we could set
that would tell the OS - use our English NIBs and strings - that's what we'd be
looking for. Without that, its just not worth it.

On Mac OS X you can set the language of an app separately in Get Info (I
think...) - but you can't on iOS.

On Jul 31, 2010, at 8:20 PM, John Joyce wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> In this case, are they requiring the OS language be in English?
> If the OS is in French, or another language, it is still possible to change
> your app's UI labels to any string you desire.
> It is a bit more work for you to implement.
> However, OS supplied services, such as copy/paste will still have the locale
> strings of the OS is set to.
>
> Hope that helps,
> John Joyce
> On Jul 31, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Alex Kac wrote:
>
>> Well there are a couple reasons on the iPhone in our case. First, some users
>> have devices that are set to languages like French or German, but they want
>> to run the app in English. Why? I'm told it has to do with some business
>> preferences or something. On iPhone its all or nothing.
>>
>> So at least for me - I'm interested in some way to let the user pick
>> languages separate from the system.

>>> The system already provides a mechanism for choosing between input methods
>>> and keyboard layouts. Why do you want to supplant this?
>>>
>>> --Kyle Sluder_______________________________________________

>>> Please do not post admin requests or moderator comments to the list.
>>> Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)lists.apple.com

>>> http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/alex%40webis.net
>>>
>>> This email sent to a...@webis.net
>>
>> Alex Kac - President and Founder
>> Web Information Solutions, Inc.
>>
>> "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and
>> the pessimist fears this is true."
>> -- James Clabell

>> This email sent to jjo...@apple.com

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.

"It is useless for sheep to pass a resolution in favor of vegetarianism while
wolves remain of a different opinion."
-- William Randolph Inge