I have an MKMapView which has about 700 annotations which represent bus-lines.
That implies, they are not images, but are drawn as lines.

In iOS 3 this worked fine.
When the user changed the zoom level, these lines did no longer match their
streets, but in mapView:regionDidChangeAnimated: I sent a redisplay message to
each and all was fine again.

Now in 4.0.1 the same app crashes a lot on the device (not in the simulator).
The only way to make it work is:
1. in mapView:regionWillChangeAnimated: use removeAnnotations:
2. in mapView:regionDidChangeAnimated: use addAnnotations: again.
3. wait until the bus-lines reappear (a few seconds) then do the next change of
region. (This is of course absolutely not acceptable for the finished product.)

The crash shows lines like:
CoreAnimation: failed to allocate 17668064 bytes
CoreAnimation: failed to allocate 11728192 bytes
CoreAnimation: failed to allocate 10071488 bytes
and lots of similar lines following.

Often followed by:
iBus 1(476,0x3e7037c8) malloc: *** mmap(size=122880) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region

Any ideas?
What code would I need to show?

Kind regards,