I'm not sure if this is rightly a Cocoa question or Quartz, so I'm posting on
both lists. Sorry for the double...

I have a CGImageRef, and I need to put it into a PDFPage. At the moment, the
only way I see to do that is to turn it into an NSImage first. I've currently
got:

NSImage* cgImageToNSImage(CGImageRef image)
{
        int h, w;
        h = CGImageGetHeight(image);
        w = CGImageGetWidth(image);
        NSMutableData* imgData = [NSMutableData dataWithLength: h * w * 4];
        CGImageDestinationRef dest = CGImageDestinationCreateWithData
                (imgData, kUTTypeTIFF, 1, NULL);
        [imgData retain];
        CGImageDestinationAddImage(dest, image, NULL);
        CGImageDestinationFinalize(dest);
        NSImage* img = [NSImage alloc];
        [img initWithData: imgData];
        CFRelease (dest);
        [imgData release];
        return img;
}

But this consistantly gives me the error: tiff data provider: Not a TIFF file,
bad magic number 0 (0x0).

I'm pretty sure that the CGImage is a valid image, and I don't see any options
to AddImage that look helpful...

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

thanks.

Brian Postow
Senior Software Engineer
Acordex Imaging Systems