I have a managed object I want to update with a "last saved timestamp" on save.
I have the update done on the NSPersistentDocument
-saveToURL:ofType:forSaveOperation:error: method.

This works fine, except on save as. I know that the save as creates a new
document and updates from the managed objects, and then saves, and it seems
that there is a managed object context merge happening in there.

In my case, the timestamp has changed, so I get an error message saying that it
can't merge the changes.

Is there a way that I can tell that it's in the process of merging changes in
the middle of a save as, and therefore not update the timestamp? Or some other
method that I can accomplish my goal of having a save timestamp without running
into this issue that happens during a Save As operation.

Thanks

Gideon