Quincey Morris <quinceymor...@earthlink.net> writes:

> The ability to omit the instance variable (called the "non-fragile
> instance variable" mechanism) is a feature of the latest Objective-C
> compilers and runtime, and is available for 64-bit Mac OS x64
> applications, and applications running on an iOS device.

As I observed, omitting instance variables in class declarations is
also not very well supported by the (current) debugger. So even if
backwards compatibility is of no concern, it is still a good idea to
declare the instance variables explicitly in oder to get better
debugging support.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.