On 12 Aug 2010, at 2:39 AM, Paresh Thakor wrote:

> Can anyone please let me know any other alternative for term.h? When i build
> the application using device, i got lots of errors, basically first error is
> term.h not found. Can anyone please suggest me something? Any better idea? I
> have to use term.h, i might need any alternative for this file.
>
> I have tested my application with iPhone simulator, it's working fine. But
> doesn't work for iPhone device. Please help me out..! I need to test the
> application on device.

iOS doesn't have a terminal, and so far as third-party software is concerned,
doesn't have POSIX commands. There's no term.h, because there is no ncurses
library, because there is no command-line interface, because there are no
commands, because there is no end-user need (that Apple acknowledges for a
consumer-only handheld device). You'll have to write your own terminal emulator
top to bottom. See iSSH for an example of what has been done, and what can't.

The iPhone Simulator is a Mac OS X application, with all Mac OS X libraries
sitting under it, on which is layered a _simulation_ of iOS. The real iOS
doesn't have Mac OS X under it. When your device build says headers and
libraries aren't available on iOS, it means exactly that. It doesn't matter
that they may be available on Mac OS X.

        — F