Hi,

I'm developing a stand alone text service for changing/fixing case.  For the
simple cases of uppercasing and lowercasing I've simply used NSString's built
in methods.  But to correct sentence case, where the original text may have
lowercase letters following full stops (period in American?) I've been using an
NSTask to run a perl script which lives in my app package.  That script also
looks after other things such as a lone lowercase 'i' which should probably by
'I'.  It works very well until the input text is greater than 64KB at which
point an alert will appear in the service-using process, TextEdit in my testing
so far, saying either that the service didn't send back the expected text in
time or that the service didn't respond.  After that, all the other services
vended by my service are also cactus.

I'm not sure how or if I can get around this 64KB limit.  I've tried various
things like breaking the text up into smaller pieces if it's over 64KB and
feeding those bits to the task, but so far without success.

I'm currently looking at RegexKitLite, but that (or the ICU library it uses)
doesn't seem to support the kind of replacement tricks you get in PCRE.
Specifically, in PCRE (PerlCompatibleRegularExpressions) you can do \u$1 to
replace found match 1 with it's uppercased version which is very convenient.

Thanks in advance,

Ron