On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Scott Andrew
<scottand...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I have a question that I have been researching but can't find an answer for.
>
> I have some iOS 3.2 code using NSOperation this doesn't work using
> NSOperation but works using NSThread withe detatch thread in iOS4 with the
> desired effect. My code is basically to create and generate pages for my
> paged scrollview in the background. Its basically a play on the WWDC picture
> scroller demo. I however have some almost full screen views we prepare in the
> background. The code look like:
[snip]

UI operations are not generally thread safe. While I couldn't find
anything specific to UIKit in a quick search on Apple's site (the
thread safety guide in the iPhone section still talks about NSWindow
and such, doh!), if it's anything like AppKit, there is very little
manipulation of views that you can safely do from secondary threads.
That it's working with NSThread is pure luck. You need to refactor
your code so that all view manipulation happens on the main thread.

Mike