A similar question came up recently.

While some objects (e.g. NSNumber) things should be binary compatible. But you
may run into issues.

Also depends upon what objects you are coding. Mac OS X uses NSColor whereas
iOS uses UIColor.

I would recommend using an intermediate normalized format instead. Then write
independent code for each platform.

If archiving colors, capture normalized values like color mode (ARGB, HSL),
color components, etc. Then, rebuild up objects as needed.

For text data, I would use UTF-8 with the original text being normalized.

Sent from my iPhone