I've had some of those crashes recently too. In my case I tracked it down to
some bad code I'd written in a KVO method which was throwing an exception when
it was getting called for an update. Instead of seeing the error (invalid
selector I think it was) the app just crashed, when put under the debugger I
too ended up at _unwind_resume.

Adding a try/catch around some main bits of the app found the real issue for
me.