> I am uncompressing data with zlib:
>
> err = uncompress( buffer, &bufferLength, (const Bytef*)data + sizeof( uLongf
> ), [self length] - sizeof( uLongf ) );
>

> This works when I build a debug target, but not when I build a release
> target.
>
> I have verified the data sent into each target is the same. In Xcode when I
> "build and Debug" the Release target (so that it runs in the debugger), it
> works.
>
> I am linking to zlib in both.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Trygve

Just as a follow-up. More research revels that the data was compressed on a
32bit zlib, but I need to uncompress it when running on a 64bit machine.

I have replaced the "sizeof( uLongf )" with 4 (as it is on 32bit machines,
but internally zlib on 64bit seems to choke on the data.

Can I force zlib to work with 32bit compressed data on a 64 bit app?

T.